Saturday, March 3, 2012

Desired Mobile Phones Across The Time And Forward

When we were just small little kids a decade or less ago during the "N" branded mobile phone era, I suppose the majority of the populations preferred the exact same model under the category of cellphones whereas there were indeed quite numerous people who had got themselves the "M" branded flippable handsets with extendable antennas before the introductions of cellphones with color screens capabilities and wider range of brands. That, had happened when I was in the primary school and I were given a Nokia 8860 cellphone by my brother who had changed to a new phone at that time.

Continuing on when I was studying in the high school, brand names of "SE" and "M" has gotten popular together with the "N". Influenced by a classmate of mine in Form 3 during the high school who owned a "SE" walkman phone and eventually wanted to change for a new color screen mobile phone. We together were discussing yet comparing about phones for a few days literally in the school. It was one of my dilemma in my life for choosing one out of the two popular mobile phones. At the end, I bugged my father to get me the Motorola V3i. V3i at that moment has the key feature of being able to synchronize your music playlists from your iTunes in your computer despite its coolness when you flip-to-answer your phone calls.

The Apple Original iPhone which is also known as the iPhone 2G was announced in January and launched back in 2007 the same year when I got my V3i, my brother who was furthering his studies in the United States of America had got me this awesome device and finally I had my hands on that iPhone 2G after months of waiting, patiently and impatiently. The iPhone 2G has to be jailbroken and unlocked for use in other countries outside America, so I was once a mini developer in the jailbreaking community. I could not imagine how much time I had spent with the iPhone 2G identifying and modifying the system files and eventually created my own themes and whatsoever that had caused the downturn in my academic performance. FYI, the jailbroken iOS device ran with Installer instead of Cydia on the early firmwares of 1.1.1 until 1.1.4 if I am not mistaken. That is when the growth of an Apple geek of inner me began.

Proceeding to the working days of mine in my local authorized Apple premium reseller after graduated from the high school, I got myself the iPhone 3GS with the subsidization I got from my father. Getting the iPhone 3GS at that moment was like cutting over a slow-moving object in front of me because the iPhone 2G was getting slower and slower with the firmware updates available from Apple that got me frustrated over the speed of overall performance of the phone especially when launching a simple application of messages that took about 8-10 seconds to load. The iPhone 3GS had served me really well until I switched to Samsung Galaxy S2 running on Android platform.

photo 2.JPG The Nokia N95, iPhone 4, and Galaxy S2.

Today, there are thousands of thousands of ranges of smartphones (mobile phones) available in the market today. But what is the ideal phone that will definitely suit your usage of all time? Personally, I need a phone with the fastest speed and even longer battery life that keeps me connected to the social networks, emails, web surfing, and any other usages without having the feel of sluggish. In order words, I am hoping that there will be a phone that would probably works as perfect as a personal computer where the websites are accessible in desktop version without any boundaries we are having now and any other limitations. PS even the interface of Blogger blogpost composer is not satisfying in the iPad. For now, does the rumors of quad core processors really matter in the upcoming phones or is it the mobile OSes and user interfaces really really matter and need to be seriously improved? What do you think and what were your desired mobile phones from the past?

No comments:

Post a Comment

More on MERRITT'S BLOG