Saturday, March 3, 2012

Chinese Lunar New Year 2012

Chinese New Year of 2012 has been great to me although I do not really have the chance of meeting my cousins from my mother's side as they left earlier for their personal reasons but at least we had the chance of watching the lion dances in my uncle's new homestay partnering with his friend in Ipoh, Malaysia. Before that, let's start with the first day of Chinese Lunar New Year I had together with my entire family. First, we had our entire family's annual reunion dinner in E&O Hotel Penang where the buffet dinner in the Sarkies Corner had spoiled most of our appetite that night with the not fresh yet soggy dishes especially the prawns together with the slow or not-refill-at-all buffet dishes. Despite the disappointment we had, we did had our great conversations among ourselves as in sharing experiences, opinions, and so on before we headed back home for the next day.

DSC04883 My adorable nephew. I, had became an uncle.

On the second day, we all had our lunch or brunch in Traders Hotel where the buffet dishes served in the hotel were even better than E&O Hotel with the consistent refill of the buffet dishes. I love the mashed potatoes served in Traders Hotel. Great conversations again? Yes, we all did while taking our meals on our tables. So, we headed off to pay our visits to our long relatives locally in our family after we had filled up our stomachs. It was also when we got to accumulate more "Lucks" from receiving ang pows given by our long relatives.

DSC04891 One happy family.

After our whole day visits to our long relatives' houses, here came the last station in one of our eldest's. There, we played some firecrackers outside her house that were bought just a walking distance away while our parents were once again having their great conversations with each other while in the same time, eating. Of course, not only them who had their mouth kept on exercising so do us. That is the reason why majority of the people agree that Chinese New Year is a fattening moment. Thus, I have to unbutton my jeans and pants whenever I sit until today.

DSC04893 One group shot all together in our last visit.

Celebrating Chinese New Year on my father's side was great when and where most of my cousins returned for this annual occasion from overseas. In the night of our second day of Chinese New Year, we traveled down to Ipoh to meet my relatives from my mother's side where Ipoh is our meeting point for this year. Despite the tiredness we had from traveling, we were welcomed by the lion dances early in the morning in our uncle's new homestay houses.

DSC04922DSC04981DSC04980 The two lions performing the lion dances in both of the homestay houses.

The homestay houses were really awesome where the interiors were neatly decorated and the homestay houses were so spacious. More importantly, the houses were actually feng shui themed which will also bringing you some luck staying in there even for a night! It has been wonderful staying in the homestay houses of my uncle's, we really appreciate that. After spending a few nights in my uncle's, we ended our outstation Chinese New Year visit.

DSC04987 Group photo after the lion dances.

Lastly, we had our cousins' gathering from my father's side for steamboat before koraoke in town. I missed out the fun of having steamboat all together as I was busy with something else but the real fun for me actually begun in the karaoke where we all get to sing. It was a great night that we all spent our time together having the maximum joy. PS I never know my cousins are such a great singers!

339579_10150508045549135_549079134_8959906_1497820436_o Polaroid photos taken with my cousin's polaroid camera.

What I wish for next year's Chinese New Year? Well, if I am still around, I wish to celebrate my Chinese New Year with all of my cousins when they should stay a little bit longer than this year. It would be fun to have them around. These is how I celebrated my Chinese New Year, how about yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

More on MERRITT'S BLOG