Saturday, September 3, 2011

Hatyai Thailand, A Trip After Years

It is been a long time, Hatyai. Recalling my holidays spent with my family when I was just a little kid in Hatyai more than 10 years ago, it was a enjoyable trip where and when I banged my head on the wall while I was playing in a bathtub in a hotel. Besides, it was a tourism spot where my brother and I got small and squarish pillows with printed cartoons as our souvenirs which both of them are now still being used on my bed. Today's Hatyai is different from what it is since 1999 or maybe it was the maturity level in one's brain. The feeling was not like before which I remember that the street night markets were like endless in its routes. Regardless of how it is, traveling in a foreign country is always an adventure and also an exploration together with my family or maybe, alone.

IMG_0286
"I Love Hatyai" rounded collar shirt can be found in the night market.

The journey started at around 12 something in the afternoon towards Hatyai across the borders of Malaysia and Thailand. It took us about 5 hours to arrive our destination with a minivan. It was a second longest journey on the road. As soon as we arrived, we went straight down for our Thai food dinner after checking in into the hotel in Daothiam Restaurant. The dishes called, Tom Yam, Green Curry Chicken, Fried Pork Meat, and Mango vegetables were filled into the stomaches of three.

DSC03647DSC03648DSC03650DSC03655

The street night markets were our next stop after the satisfied dinner in the restaurant that we had in the same restaurant about 10 years ago. The street night markets are located around the Odeon Supermarket where you are still able to see various things are to be sold in every stall whereas the wordings on the shirts are very common in those stalls selling shirts.

DSC03673 One of the street view on the street night markets. DSC03671 Huge prawns! Yes they are huge prawns from fresh water like rivers. It must be very tasty if the prawns are from salt water.
DSC03677
A group photo with my parents with the tall and bottled shape figure made up of the empty glasses of coca-cola

After window shopping across the streets of the street night markets and bought myself the shirts of "Starbucks", we finally returned to our hotel room for our rests after walking around part of the city. This concluded the first day of our Hatyai weekend trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More on MERRITT'S BLOG