Monday, September 12, 2011

Mid-Autumn Festival

Mid-Autumn Festival, some may refer it as Mooncake or Moon Festival at which they are called 中秋节 ( zhōng•qiū•jié ) celebrated by the Chinese and Vietnamese. Mid-Autumn Festival is always held 15th day of the eighth month in the Chinese calendar, it would be either in September or October in the Georgian Calendar. This festival is strongly associated with the legend of Houyi and Chang'e, the Moon Goddess of Immortality where the story can be found here.

photo 3.JPG
photo 2.JPGphoto 1.JPG 
Shangri-La mooncakes gifts received by my father. 

As a young kid, I used to love playing around with the lantern, my carfield lantern and also having mooncakes bought by my parents. Now, I enjoy the mooncakes rather than playing with the lanterns. Fattening? That is what I need as a skinny blogger. I had eaten my mooncakes! Have you eaten?

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival Everyone! 中秋节快乐!

No comments:

Post a Comment

More on MERRITT'S BLOG